Amazon Prime

Monday 14 March 2016

Crochet Spring Daffodil | Pattern

At this time of year with Spring and Easter right around the corner I always get the urge to start crocheting Daffodils. They were the very first flower I ever crocheted, so I have a soft spot for them. There are a myriad of patterns for them out there. However, when I couldn't find the 'perfect' one after lots of Pinterest and googling they became the first thing I ever made my own pattern for.

Each year I end up going back to it and refining it and changing it as my crochet skills and knowledge of stitches grows. This year I think I'm finally happy.

I used a stitch that I'm not certain of the name of on the outer petals as it makes them ever so slightly pointier. (Too roundy petals was my problem with other daffodil patterns.) It might be two double trebbles together, or as there are a lot of other stitches in the same stitch is it a type of puff stitch?

I've put the pattern down below, and tried my best to note down the stitch I used on the outer petals. I also made a video of me making a petal. Does anyone know what I should be calling it?

Anyway, here are some pictures of the final product and a video of how I make the petals. I think I might whip stitch a brooch on the back and put it on my coat. Or maybe make a whole vase of crocheted Daffs. What do you think?






Crochet Daffodil Pattern

The flower is made in two parts. The outer petals and the inner petals. The pattern is written in US Crochet terms.

Abbreviations:

CH = chain
SS = slip stictch
SC = single crochet
HDC = half double crochet
DC = double crochet
TR = treble crochet
DTR = double treble crochet
YO = yarn over

Inner Petals

To begin: CH3,SS in first CH to make a loop.
Round 1. CH1, 6SC in the loop. SS to first SC to join.
Round 2. CH4 (this counts as a TR) 2TR in the front loop of each SC around, with the exception of the final SC. Make 1TR in this stitch and SS to the top of the CH4 to join.

Fasten off and weave in your ends.

Outer Petals

To begin: CH4, SS in first CH to make a loop.
Round 1. CH1, 6SC in the loop. SS to first SC to join.
Round 2. CH1, 2SC in each SC around. SS in first SC to join (12 SC)
Round 3. CH1, (2SC in next 2 SC, SC in next SC) around .SS in the first SC to join (20 SC)
Round 5. CH1, (SC,HDC,DC,TR in the next SC. In that same stitch DTR2TOG SC around the most recent DTR post then continue to work a TR, DC, HDC, SC in the same stitch you placed the second of your DTR. SS in the next two SC) around.

Fasten off and weave in your ends. Attach the two flower parts together in your preferred method.




No comments:

Post a Comment