Amazon Prime

Friday, 29 January 2016

Grey Flecked Crochet Scarf / Shawl


Roughly a year ago I posted asking for help, because I wasn't sure what to make with some yarn I bought. Well, I finally used it!

I ended up using a pattern called Coraline In The Wine Country from simplycollectiblecrochet.com, which Clare from the Youtube channel BobWilson123 has also done a video tutorial of.

I made mine in a chunky yarn with a 9mm hook, and I also made it slightly smaller as I wanted it to be a triangular scarf and not big enough to be a proper shawl. A wrap at most.

One of the things that I think is so wonderful about crochet is how a simple change of yarn or hook size can make the results of the project so different.

Anyway, voila! What do you think? It's a lovely pattern to follow. Simple and straightforward, so you can watch TV while you're crocheting and actually get to watch and not just listen! It worked up very quickly too.