Amazon Prime

Sunday 24 November 2013

Crochet Can Solve Any Problem!


As I get older I'm becoming slightly obsessed with tidying and organising. A place for everything, and everything in it's place! As much as I worry this is the first stop on the train to OCD, I also get extremely happy each time my kitchen cupboards become slightly more regimented .


We moved house when I was eight months pregnant and all of our belongings were hurriedly put anywhere 'for now', then my baby arrived and the idea of having a day to re-order the kitchen drawers was laughable. Now he's approaching three months I'm starting to think about it again and the first thing that needs sorting is my cutlery drawer. Yes, I am the coolest person you will ever meet. 

Witness the horrible jumble.



I like my cutlery tray, but it doesn't have enough compartments. I don't like the soup, serving and desert spoons all jumbled up. And then there's all the other bits and bobs. So I've had the idea of making a series of crocheted boxes/baskets that will perfectly fill the space and divide everything up. 

What should i use to make them though? Hessian twine maybe? Or t-shirt yarn? A combination of the two? Something a bit like this picture on the right perhaps?




This is going to be a January project, but I enjoy planning the next project almost as much as seeing them completed. Is anyone else as bothered by the state of their kitchen drawers, and if so, how do you organise them?

No comments:

Post a Comment